Tuesday, November 20, 2007

THANKS RALEY'S! THANKS SATURN! from (me!) sandra, ttgp

i'll be sharing private thanks for and with my family this thanksgiving, but want to pay public thanks for the outstanding service i've received from two local businesses:


most recently from my favorite grocery store, raley's, where i, in fact, did not deserve the incredible service i received.


it must have been 7:50am when the note i wrote to myself on a small piece of paper suddenly tripled in size, folded itself into an airplane and flew directly at me, poking me in the eye


"oh shit! the cheese and cracker tray! thank you!"


so i threw on clothes from the top of the nearest pile and raced (not really officers, speed limit the whole time) to raley's. i was just certain there would be a pre-made cheese and cracker tray ..somewhere... no luck.


no luck and no time. my one and only responsibility for the classroom party was due at 8:15. looked at my watch and it was like 8:01 and ticking faster every second


with my obviously concerned and under-pressure look, i said to the lady behind the counter at the deli, "um, excuse me.. any chance i could get a cheese and cracker tray?"


then i added on at great risk, "now?"


i fully and completely expected her to put her hands on her hips, tilt her head to the left, look at me like who was i kidding, and sarcastically sneer as she hollered "no!" explaining to me like i was two why party trays are ordered in advance


but think here, complete opposite. she looked at another lady, must of been her manager, and asked very kind and hopeful like, "can we make a cheese tray for this lady..."


and get this, she said, "yes, right away" i couldn't believe my ears! so i said to both ladies,


"i know that saying.. it hangs on my friends wall: how lack of preparedness on my end does not constitute an emergency on yours... but boy am i grateful for your help right now."


and then the lady making the cheese tray gave me the receipt so i could pay in advance and therefore run out the door once it was ready


AND the manager lady gave me a cup of coffee on the house to sip while i waited


can you stand it!?


i didn' t deserve the excellent service i received, which makes it even more excellent.


-want to let you know i made it to the classroom on time thanks to you-


THANK YOU! I AM GRATEFUL FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WORK AT RALEY'S.


***** ***** *****


and this is quite over-due, but


THANK YOU! I AM GRATEFUL FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WORK AT SATURN.


it has been my experience over the years, with a variety of businesses, that just a little bit more pro-active communication could result in a lot more business and sales.


but time and time again, it's the customer waiting, guessing, wondering and ultimately calling and calling again to find out the status of things when the status of things has obviously changed


none of us can always keep the promises we make, but it is exactly that situation that provides people and businesses the opportunity to sparkle and shine or fade and fall.


SATURN CLEARLY SHINES


my hybrid needed some service and i was told it would be ready around 2pm.


everyone knows worse case scenario: 2 o'clock comes and goes.. cars not ready.. you don't know why... you call and get put on hold indefinitely... or end up in the press 1 for this, press 3 for that loop; they eventually apologize and say the car will be ready by 4pm, but then at 4pm the car is still not ready and phone-tag begins again


but think here, complete opposite: THEY called ME (pro-active communication!) around noon (as they found out!) to explain certain parts would need to be ordered, and to provide a new time my car would be ready


and put me in the nicest rent-a-car for the meantime


plus the coffee, snacks and good reading in the lobby. plus the easy check-in, check-out, very friendly and professional staff at every counter


THANK YOU KENNY and PEERS! YOU MAKE ME A PROUD SATURN HYBRID OWNER



9 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Lola Starr said...

Very nice post-giving thanks where thanks is due! And yay for those businesses. That's awesome. :)

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger karoline in the morning said...

you are a wonderful person! for being so gracious and that is why people will always be there to help..

sorry i've not been around to poke my head in..

k:)))

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger singleton said...

Oh! Maybe I should I have bought a Saturn!
Hope you CC'd this to the girls at Raleys and the gang at Saturn....

You'd make they're day, sweetie!

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Katherine said...

WOW! Great service is ALWAYS so appreciated....and unfortunately, rare, huh? That's a nice, public thank you you gave them.

Over here, I'm sad our favorite local Indian restaurant closed. Their food was yummy and their service was always amazing. They were friendly and remembered us... I'm sure it's expensive to keep places like that open.

You have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!!!

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger Maithri said...

Now here is gratitude at its brilliant best! A true thanksgiving prayer.

You DID deserve the surprise cheese tray though ;)... You deserve all the abundance this universe has to give my friend,

Love and blessings that flow like the crystal waters of life,

Maithri

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger SHE said...

karma: thank you, your comments remind me of one of my mom's favorite mantras

"give credit where credit is due"

karoline: always great to hear from you, and thank you. poked my own head in at your place...
what a multi-media treat! the music, photographs, beautiful words..

singtome: poppin' 'em in the mail tomorrow... and i'm all for inexpensive, high quality transportation ") -saving $ at the gas station too now, with a hybrid, and given i keep my cars for at least a decade... very lucky the service is high quality too.

made a great first owned car during college, and makes a great mid-life crisis car too ")

(think saturn would like my little jingle there?)

kmg/bbf: thanks and so true. i always get a little frustrated with myself when i accidentally keep my good thoughts to myself.

great service is appreciated.. just need to get myself in the habit of appreciatin' out loud.

happy thanksgiving to you & yours too

my3: thank you! ...lotta people might argue about the deserve clause.. but, i like reading your position on the matter ")

and your comments are always so beautiful, kind, poetic

not just here, but everywhere you leave them. what a blessing you are to the entire blogosphere!

God shines so bright through you

love all around, ~s.

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful! God bless those folks... Kindness goes a long way. I may be Christian, but I still believe in Karma! haha... God is good that way. Glad you had such wonderful people to work with and that your needs were met with smiles.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger SHE said...

bh: thanks! -and me too, believe in God and karma

in love and justice

& that God shines through acts of kindness

much love ~s.

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Preach it sista!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home