Monday, September 24, 2007

MY WORD! (at last!) sandra, ttgp


i've been waiting patiently..

when we appeared on in a word last month

dyan knew her word: evolving
kathy cordova knew her word: miracle
jim ott knew his word: renaissance

but i didn't have my word. only knew i couldn't select one without experiencing that same "bark of recognition" elizabeth gilbert describes in eat, pray, love when she found her word: antevasin
(pg 203/hardback)

but as God, fate and luck would have it, i found mine saturday morning reading my yahoo astrology guide -daily career, aquarius- for sept 23rd.

said: "with the kind of verve you have today, you could do anything. give a three-hour speech to a rapt audience? no problem. lead a happy-birthday serenade for a very special co-worker? you'll hit that high G."

and embarrassing but true.. i had to look up the word verve. i'm sure i've never heard it and know i've never used it

but there she was and there i barked "my word! i found my word!"

vurv, n., enthusiasm that animates a poet or artist;
gusto; spirit; animation; energy {Fr.}

and i can't describe why it is so gratifying to find and know your word,

but i highly recommend it.


and if you'd like, for $10, i will create a beautiful frame with your word on it for you to display and enjoy everyday.




9 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Lola Starr said...

aw...I want a word....

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger SHE said...

hey karma! -some people know write away, others.. like me, takes a long time. i've been holding the idea of it in my head since i read gilbert's book last year

don't settle though. and when that one word, that one special, magical, perfect word resonates with your soul

shout it out. write it down. let me know.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Dyan said...

Woo hoo! Your word! Your word! You found YOUR word! And what a perfect word for YOU . . . I'd love a MTF sign with my word on it but not until it changes from "evolving" to "I've arrived"! Love you!

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you GET this supposed word?! How do you find it and what does it do for you? :)

Maybe I need to finally read this book. I've heard that it's very good!

Oh and just for laughs? My word verification to post this message was: mhuwywh

makes me think of "mwahaha" but someone was laughing too hard to get it out!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger SHE said...

hey sis! yes! at long last... i found my word. have it on display right now.

and your word ..evolving.. it's excellent. do we ever fully arrive? life is lived in the ongoing process don't you think?
love you!

bh: i do wonder if eat, pray, love resonates as profoundly with 20 somethings as it does 30/40 and upthings. in my opinion it is a masterpiece. a true masterpiece in content and craft. i find i quote from her book, and her work, almost more than my pastor quotes from the bible. she is an amazing and highly evolved soul. appearing on oprah oct 5th -and worth calling in sick to make sure you can see if you can't tape it.

and in the book, there is conversation about individual words to describe the essence of cities and then later, individual words to describe the essense of who we are

small scenes in a much larger more profound story, but nonetheless

fun to think about... what is one word that captures your essence? your being?

and THANK YOU! .. got quite a giggle out of me with muffled version of mwahaha.. great spontaneous image!

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Maithri said...

Verve! What a fantastic word. Verve, Enthusiasm, Effervescence, laughter - all the symptoms of a switched on soul. Someone living in spirit, As you are.

Love and light to you friend,

Maithri

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

(loved reading your response... a 2nd time) Got a word you'd suggest?

hahahaha... just kidding. well, sorta. I do love your creations, though ~ maybe I should "fake" a word just to have one to ask you to make for me :)

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger SHE said...

that's strange. i did not delete any comments?

bh: let me know when you find your word. no matter what, yours will be a reversible frame with the word "beautiful" on one side.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home