Friday, March 01, 2024

REMARKABLE RE-READS for (me!) ~topps -wait. cancel that..


 Jewell   -i place at the very top of my favorite novels ever read list, and within just a few pages, many years later..    i'm already remembering why..

****

it will suprise no one who knows me, that i'm self-inflicting (self-imposing?) another somewhat large literary project.  -as i was reading unlocking the chain of poverty the first time, i was inspired to do, what i now know i will eventually do

and that is to juxtapose my own life to elpidio's

   -not compare our lives; juxtapose.   and there is a very large difference.

but i look foward to it; a million lessons tucked inside..

  -more later

hallelujah & amen.  

*****

march 4th, 2024

exercising my writes, 'readers prerogative' to change my mind and put jewel back on the shelf without finishing it.  i remember loving the craft of writing; i remember being very impressed with its originality, namely that it is one of very, very few novels ive read that does not use an affair/infidelity in the plot 

but as i was re-reading..   the whole 'outdated cultural references' issue was stealing my interest.  i do employ, as a reader, viewer of movies, in regard to 'outdated cultural references'

i can employ, in my own imagination, over-rides, if you will, and keep reading or watching

but sometimes i just decide to let the book or movie go, and move on...

all books/movies/shows are 'free will' for me at this wonderful stage in my life

nothing is mandatory because of school or work

i can read whatever i want; not read what i dont want..

what a great life experience it is!    and, one of the things that has helped me grow, heal, move forward, be victorious in life in general

is 'not parking at the point of my pain'

a great joyce meyer teaching i continue to apply...        and as the results are spectacular for me as an individual, i can easily see the benefits if entire families, classrooms, societies, cultures were to do the same. 

not parking at the point of your pain  -is not to deny; not to pretend pain didn't happen..

it is a choice to recognize pain did happen; but not to stay stuck and drown there

evolve; move forward...

in Jesus name, hallelujah & amen. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home