Saturday, March 11, 2023

FAVORITE HAIR, ONE OF MY FAVORITE MEMORIES (me!) ~topps


 within a much longer conversation, my sexy was sharin' with me, bein' honest with me, about how he likes some of my hair color, but not the way i just have the big thick blond part in the front 'looks like they forgot to color it..  makes your forehead look big..'

and in fact, i also had my mom shoot me a text recommending a different salon..

and have had more than one friend express..   

and, i myself am inspired to share..   i wanted it this way!   i mean, i agree the tone/hue could use some improvement, 

but the big blond patch in front was my goal!   

for those of you still making new years resolutions,  -failing to keep them, beating yourself up, and repeating the process annually anyway

let me let you in on some hard earned wisdom   -don't make new years resolutions; period.  here is what you should do instead:

review the year prior..  write down (or say out loud, or just think about, whichever your communication  preference and style might be)

write down everything you did in the prior year that you thoroughly enjoyed!  were glad happened!  the wonderful experiences, visits, activities, conversations, movies, comedies..  on and on

and then in the coming year; do them all again, best you can..

what movie made you laugh the hardest?   -watch it again..       what friend visit did you enjoy the most..    visit them again..       what book did you read?    what place did you eat?    what meal at home?

anything and everything that fed your mind, your spirit, your soul   -encore it all!

and so, the current big patch of blond in my hair...  it is because i was personally reviewing what things i'd done with my hair that i loved the most, and there are two

1.  i loved the big blond patch up front.  -and i do remember her name was sarah, and she worked out of a salon in dublin.  i did not show up requesting it; but rather, she said, 'i feel like putting a big thick blond patch here..'  and i said, 'go for it'

and i remember i lived with my sister, niece and nephew at the time.  when i got home, they were like, 'you look like a golden retriever.. i want to pet this...'     which made me laugh.  and each one would take a turn running their hands over the big blond patch of hair as if petting a dog, which also made me laugh   -  but i really ended up enjoying it,   -and so i'm encoring that experience

and the other thing i loved!  was when just the last couple inches of my hair, had like, white-ish tips..

and so i asked for that too..

anyway..

i wouldnt argue the tone/hue needs adjusting, but otherwise..   love it!    -and, when i went hunting for pictures of back then, after beautiful sarah in dublin did my hair, i came across this picture and this sharing of my day, from july 10, 2011, in my external memory storage AKA my blog.

look how i made an effort and God came through for me.   i can't even tell you how many times something like that has happened.

Our praiseworthy, trustworthy, all merciful, all grace-filled, all healing, all loving

chain-breaking, pain-taking, way-making God.

amen. 

p.s.   upon checking just now, i've learned the links to the church, to doug linman no longer work; shame.    so many of my blogs include links..    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home