Thursday, February 09, 2023

Mud Puddle, story by (robert munsch!), edited and improved by (me!) ~writeousmom


 i loved reading this story to my children when they were little.  loved it!   -fast forward a decade or two; i purchased it to give as a gift to a young mom with a couple little ones, and one on the way..

when i re-read it in 2023..    i cannot gift give this!  this sends the wrong message entirely..

in the original version, unedited by me..

on one page, Jule Ann is afraid of the mud puddle..    but worse, the story ends with the mud puddle losing to a bar of soap and never coming back again.    -i have no memory of this registering or bothering me when i read it all those years ago, but my current reaction:

i won't have it!

and so, i made the necessary changes, and now am very proud and pleased to give it as a gift.

watching my kids play in mud puddles..  this free form of gigantic entertainment

in my permanent memory files under wonderful, joyful, fun.

hallelujah & amen




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home