Sunday, January 30, 2022

PUBLIC "Thank You's!" from Robert & Sandra (AKA: sexy! & tops!) #IWA #carlsbad #pacificbeach @writeousmom



2 or 3 days prior, one of my prayers was to "please help keep me sensitive to your still small voice.."

and then our neighbor friend...   he explained how they were unable to go on their scheduled vacation, and offered their time-share to us

the still small voice; not so small.. said, "Say Yes!"

and soon as i heard "Carlsbad"   i lit up with the hope i could cross paths, and get some visits in with my family there.   -everything was short notice..

but, "thank you!" Jesus, and Uncle Mike..   and Erin, Seth & Paula  (<3 cooper)

despite lives heavy with travel; the planets did align.

Tues:  Carlsbad..  and just about as soon as we unpacked; we were on our bikes...   gorgeous! area, wonderful climate..   blue skies, blue ocean..  purple blooms..

Wed: ! red, white & blue rocks !    and so we played on the shore, creating a new indigenous word art piece for our collection...   and we moved pretty quickly, because at 11:40am, 
lunch with my awesome & very cool uncle mike @ miguel's cocina

-last time we visited was at my 50th birthday, slash, family reunion party...


and a wonderful visit it was..  and i was getting to show off my robert to this part of my family; and show off this part of my family to my robert for the 1st time..

and, my uncle, [like his older brother/my dad; like their dad/my grandpa, when he was alive; and like my brother] they all have a library of one liners and story jokes at the ready..   

and my sister and i...    like,   we don't.

but we are a great audience.   and my uncle told a couple that made us laugh so hard we knocked a glass off the table at miguels; broke and shattered all to pieces.. they had to come put a neon cone out at our table, and true story here:   it happened twice!   -no sooner did they get one broken glass cleaned up, that another one went flying too...    /our apologies, but... 

great visit!  my uncle is an avid golfer, with wonderful stories/experiences about playing at some pretty elite courses..  and, like my son, he is a luxury sport car enthusiasts, so..  i pass those pix/stories to my son via text...

and we reminisce...    and catch up on the current goings on with family members...   and share the set-backs, and the victories; and just all n' all enjoy each others company for a little while

and, i had mentioned i was going to see my aunt susie's (his sister) memorial mural in la jolla

"it might not still be there.."  he cautioned.   it has been over 20 years..

and did it ever feel like an answered prayer to find it still there..  and share this beautiful mural with Robert.. and share about my beautiful Aunt Susie (susan)..    Director of La Jolla's United Methodist Church Pre School, wife, and mom with two young children, when she was diagnosed, and eventually died, from skin cancer.

-her favorite flower, -the sun flower..  and i can still see children from the pre-school carrying sunflowers down the aisle at my aunt's memorial service..    -that beautiful/painful combination..
where the painful part gets the lion share of your heart for years to come..



and, i have to highly recommend a visit to this church nursery school in la jolla for the art itself!
since my last visit..  it is loaded everywhere with the most stunning, colorful, creative mosaics.. and paintings, and mixed media delights!



then it was on to "our old stomping grounds"  (our = my sister and i) visiting grandpa & grandma's house in pacific beach, san diego every summer for who knows how many years..

and what a blessing and a half to get to share this area with my sexy..

only, even better, because, my sister and i usually walked, or drove from here to there..

to see this area on bike! true that i saw more of the gorgeous landscapes, ocean, bays in 3 days on bike than i did over several summers in my youth.  we just landed there when the climate was so ideal.. 

and, if you are in the pb (pacific beach) area, there is a section of 'mission bay park' at the end of a street named fanuel that is perfect! for launching a bike ride, having a picnic, and taking in the sunset 

and here, due to the contrast..  i collected bags worth of small charcoal remains from beach fire pits that had scattered throughout the sand..   and we created another wonderful indigenous word art piece for our growing collection...   it is my new favorite, because..   i mean, my goodness.. look at the color influence of the sunset..




-same thing applied.  we originally talked about going to the san diego zoo and sea world.. but opted to ride bikes, make art, have picnics and visit family instead.

and we rode our bikes to paradise pointe..   just beautiful, gorgeous in every possible direction!
and it is where, my grandma harrison, when she was alive, worked as a manager in the gift store; only it was named 'vacation village' at that time.   but i loved getting to share with my sexy..  these family connections in san diego..



and, on the friday evening before we headed home..   we visited my aunt erin, and my cousin seth, his new bride, paula, and their beloved cooper inside...

the most beautifully, magically, amazingly remodeled 'grandma's house'

and i know she is smiling to see her grandson thriving; in love,  [her famous family quote "i love, love."] enjoying the life his grandparents, parents, dreamed he would


-you know don't you, it is one of many ways to Glorify God's name..

love.  enjoy your life.  be happy & grateful, loyal & generous

 
and, you have romantic, fun, engaging, entertaining stories about how you met..

about cooper...     -write them down; capture them while they're fresh  

i loved getting to visit my family!   and love the newest addition to the Harrison family!   my heart is so fulfilled..    and my aunt, she is on the other side of some serious health challenges..  but that is another way to Glorify God's name also..    do not grow weary..    keep doing good...  patience, faith in the  healing process; trusting God completely...


i keep going over and over in my mind and prayers:    2022    a year of miracles; breakthroughs; answered prayers..

and, this experience; this unexpected gift of family visits and awesome vacation in sensational san diego   -in january!   none of it without our neighbor's very generous offer..   and none of it, if we were not already retired...         "Thank You!"  so much Eric & Eve...     "Thank You!"  family, for making yourselves available on short notice!  "Thank You! Jesus!"  "Thank You Sexy!" 

and even more "thank you's!" from earlier in this new year...      


tbc.      hallelujah & amen








 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home