Friday, August 13, 2021

a love poem, in memory of sue


 i worked and worked some more

what for?   -more to offer, more to give

for what it costs to really live

i worked and worked some more

what for?  for you, and me, and us

and them    -smiles in pictures..

"remember when..."

for love, family, friends, for nicer things

for the vacations and memories hard work brings

i never stopped    -loving you along the way

motivated every single day, by a mortal clock

time affords, by love, the only true reward

  i worked and worked some more; what for?

to leave the work world in comfort and style

spend time and energy my own way for a while

  enjoy watching you grow, while my body declined

increasing the value and my respect for time

would i work so hard? do it again if i could?

for my son, family & friends;

i would.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home