Tuesday, April 27, 2021

In God I Trust (me!) ~tops


 

and so yesterday, when we were leaving to run errands, i saw these

"sexy.. did you leave two pennies write here?"

because they were sitting side by side on the back bumper of our truck

"no."

   -but someone did

and i have it in my mind that whoever it was that did leave these two pennies on the back bumper of our truck

that person(s) meant them for me specifically

and that person(s) knows things like this about (me!):

                                   take a look at the date(s) on the pennies

and so of course!  the second i picked up the pennies someone left for (me!), i looked at the dates.

              1983   -the obviously older looking of the two pennies

the cerebral hyperlink/memory opening              -hearing footsteps behind me, coming toward me from behind.   thinking it was my boyfriend (and later 1st husband) trying to sneak up and surprise me.  i was on my way to his apartment.   but when i turned around in effort to surprise my boyfriend, and beat him to the surprise punch...

instead of surprising mark   -i landed in the chest of a black male, wearing a hoodie, smelling of alcohol, and with a gun to the temple of my head

i never made it to my boyfriends apartment.  i was kidnapped at gunpoint..   and the rest i've written about enough that i won't bother now   -but not just 1983, but that entire decade..   trauma, trauma, trauma..

and before i move on to the date of the second of the two pennies, 

i want to link the lyrics to this song, chain breaker by zach williams

because it captures my experience with Jesus, the Bible, the Christian walk..  the teaching of Joyce Meyer, Joel Osteen, Bishop TD Jakes   -Pastor Mike Barris..   among many others

Who is Jesus?      Chain-breaker.  Pain Taker.   Way Maker.

     2020.   That's the date on the other penny; the shiny newer one...

And the most important thing I can point out is that in 1983   -I could not see, dream or imagine that in 2020, I'd have new memories like these:




Glory be entirely to God!   hallelujah

let me close with a public "thank you!" here to whoever it was that left the pennies.

may YOU be blessed and highly favored.

amen.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home