Monday, November 30, 2020

Frazier was the coolest cat I ever knew (me!) sandra, tvgp


 and when it's time to say goodbye, our minds fill with a variety of memories..

the first memory to show up for me is, .. because I have a slight allergy to cats..   I couldn't necessarily pet Frazier like I was inclined.  We agreed to eskimo kiss instead..  and he seemed to catch on so easily.

My next very pronounced memory..  being home-schooled by Frazier in less than three days.

yes.  without ever saying one word, Frazier's body language and looks were so precise, and I was such a skilled translator apparently, that, in under 3 days, I learned exactly what to do

Like, Frazier would walk toward the stairs, and I knew immediately, I should rush up the stairs ahead of him so I could open the door to my bedroom.

He'd strut up to my bedroom door like I walk toward the door at a grocery store; with complete confidence that it would just automatically open

and after i automatically opened the door for him, he would strut toward my bed, and i knew immediately, I should hurry and open the blinds

After I hurriedly opened the blinds, he would jump up on my bed and keep staring at me

And immediately I knew I had to not only open the blinds, but pull them all the way up

 "ta daa!"  you have a complete view out the window now

but then Frazier would look at the cord and back at me

   -and I knew immediately!  that the cord was some sort of annoyance, and I needed to get it out of the way.

I looked at Frazier again, like, "ta daa!"   the blinds are open and pulled up all the way.  you have a complete view out of the window, the cord has been tucked away...

and I would smile at Frazier, and Frazier would look at me

and I knew immediately! and so I would say, 

"May I now be excused sir Frazier?"

and he would turn his head to look out the window and I would leave my own bedroom, just like that.

***

I always left shaking my head..  how did he just do that?  He gets me to do the same thing every time and doesnt even speak a word of English...

***

Matt's Cat; Legacies of Love.   


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home