Monday, September 16, 2019

Isaiah 40:30. Weekend remembered by (me!)


***
and there was a bbq to honor first responders at the sub-acute pediatrics hospital home in saratoga  -and I was extra proud to arrive on the arm of my retired deputy...     where i was surrounded by earth angels (nurses/doctors, teachers, healthcare providers in general at all levels) and "thank you!" jennifer, james, becky..     enjoyed a tour of the facility.. beautiful home.  the uplifting murals throughout  -yellow submarine, ocean, marine life, forests, beautiful trees, nature..

gorgeous, very real, landscape of the bbq area itself; the healing view from the large windows in each hospital room

and to learn  -the severe nature of the health challenges these infants, toddlers, young children face

how,   -the reason for my strikethroughs above, 

how, some (not all) of these babies/children are abandoned by family/friends

and the hospital becomes their home
healthcare providers become the only family they will know

and I will not be the same, having held an almost two year old

affectionately referred to as budda baby because, well

I said with a smile, "don't you lose one ounce! I love a chunky baby!"

and the weight of this baby on my lap, in my arms; the best!

and I kissed his forehead, and gazed into his dark beautiful radiant expressive eyes

and I said to Jesus..

"I pray a miracle for this baby   -I don't even know how to pray for less than a miracle"

and a list of miracles I've been praying for traveled through my mind..   all involve physical healthcare challenges of people I know and love

***

and, the weekend included a wonderful visit and dinner with my dad and his wife, me and my sexy and his son, and my daughter and her sister-like best friend..

fills me up, this family/friend time..    always lifts and strengthens..

***

and it included an early morning hike to eagle rock at alum rock..   with spectacular views!  and, I had to reconquer.. because I had done it easily, climbed eagle rock, on one hike..  then, couldn't do it  at all on another hike.. 

but back up and on, with some extra challenge climbing back off..  but "did it!"  and was so happy to share this experience with my daughter and her bff

and then morning hike followed by

pizza and beer and...

***

dear offensive coordinator of the Vikings, 

please explain:   

when you average 7.5 yards per run

successfully! throughout the entire game

why?!?

when you could have easily run 7 yards in 3 or 4 plays

and!

your passing plays had already demonstrated unsuccessful throughout the game

why did you go with the 

demonstrated unsuccessful

vs.

" RUN DON'T PASS!"   "you could have got a touchdown!"

no one, 

no one at the whole park town pizza

or

commentators on tv..

or even total strangers just passin' by...

like, no one understood that decision.

but, 

we would like to give you the opportunity to explain:

space provided write here:




























***
and
regarding your 2nd quarter collapse

dear Raiders, 

sometimes, when I don't understand something intuitively, 

or, like with football, i'm relatively new and have a lot to learn..

so, 

I did change out of my Vikings shirt and into my Raiders shirt for the game

and I did enjoy some of my sexy's bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers

and he enjoyed some chocolate chip cookies I 'breaked'n baked' with my own two hands

so, 

it's a win for us no matter what, but..

we would like a win/win

that's our prayer for the season

and, then

ever since I learned it is possible

for Vikings and Raiders to play against each other in a superbowl

i'm praying for that too

that would be AWESOME!

and I know about the 1971.. or '77...

so, 

I believe Vikings are due for both:

superbowl

and!

superbowl victory!

my sexy has his entire very purple superbowl party already envisioned with great detail in his imagination

"and the whole house will be covered in purple paper...

and we'll serve grape fanta and welches grape soda..

purple lights everywhere!....."

***

so pick yourselves back up football players

it is already prophesized in the bible who will win:

even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fail

but they that wait upon the LORD shall RENEW THEIR STRENGTH; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will "RUN!"

/"RUN!  NOT PASS..  not pass when passing has not worked the whole game!

Vikings..! don't you read the bible ?"


where was I?

they will RUN and NOT GROW WEARY, 

they will walk and not be faint..

***

for an especially wonderful weekend, "thank you! Jesus"

"cheers!"

and hallelujah and amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home