Friday, April 19, 2019

Who Are You? Who, Who.. Who, Who... sings (me!) sandra, tvgp

if I had the means... I would post a selfie video dancing and singing to The Who's famous song..  Who are you..

***

yes, I've written on the topic of identity so will try not to repeat..    just having so much fun, listening to my dad..   highly active on an ancestry website..  learning all kinds of things about our family history, and also..   he sent some spit in the mail...  and we are learning a number of startling new things via those reports too..

like..   I've been able to lightheartedly joke for years now..   "of course i'm mostly irish.. I love beer and write poetry.."

but, according to the reports my dad has received...  72% Scottish

and I have no lighthearted joke up my tartan sleeve about being Scottish...     what is the stereotype for Scottish people?  do they have something synonymous with the four leaf clover?   Scottish blessings like 'may the wind be at your back'     -cute little sayings?    a signature beverage...

mostly, I am very excited about the tartan!  just like its fun to wear Warriors Spirit Wear, and all the spirit wear for the schools/colleges my children attend...     the very second I have a tartan pattern to claim...  /no fact checking necessary

i'll get the skirt, the scarf, the kilt, the flag, the potholders, the matching towels...

mainly I was excited to share this information with my co-worker, and former Good Neighbors Holiday Boutique vendor, and very Scottish friend Ruth...   "you are like my next of kin!"    -who would have guessed...

And now my brother is in on it...    he's getting his own set of dna reports... and, we are learning more  /questionably factual   information...     and apparently, on my mom's side...   French?

like…  remember I told you, I already knew that...    because I love to kiss with my tongue..

anyway...    "are you going to do it?"    my sister asked me recently... and I have zero interest personally.  

i'm still waiting for when science figures out how to take some pee, blood or spit and determine what % of the population can swim, sketch, build, throw, catch, sing, write, paint, ski, run, etc.

and, how we can determine whether someone is  -really-   atheist, Christian, or agnostic...  muslim, Buddhist, jewish, etc.

and, what % manifests the fruit of the spirit, like love, peace, patience..

i'm much more interested in who people are   -write now-  in this very moment...   how do you treat other people?   how long does it take for you to forgive a wrong?   how easy for someone to steal your peace?  … character...  ethics... integrity...    dreams, goals, …    

what makes you who you are  -today.  write now.   I see people from all around the world seem to be much more shaped in personality, character and disposition based on current cultural influences, current political and social climates..       and less directly influential, but of great personal interest:   where your ancestors were from...  what % indian you might be...

and as ive written before...   everyone is under the influence of somethings/someones..

and I found my quality of life the very best, under the influence of Jesus..

anyway..

the CH here is to my census poem...   i'm more fascinated with gifts, talents, instincts..     how can we see a map or graph or that pie chart, % data?    aren't there people who can sing in every culture? nation?   every blood type...    and people who can not...

the favorite thing I have learned about my paternal grandpa...   grandpa Harrison, who was orphaned at a very young age, and served in the navy for 25+ years..     my favorite thing I learned was not the result of a blood test...   it was what I saw written about his character and work ethic...  





made me a very proud granddaughter indeed.

and, as I have mentioned before also..    and can only laugh..  on my mom's side.. she has said, "honey, there is only hillbillies, drunks and robbers.."      and I don't know that the dna test would shed any light on the who, when and why's where that is concerned...    

current culture/environment/influences...

and I restate my..i want to close this post by restating that I fully, completely,  -believe..   I was born with an instinct to write; and even more specifically; non-fiction..    and I believe there is not YET a test that can show..   but one day there will be.    -one day, we will get to see more of what is already inside us when we are born...

and inside every human...   seeds for love, peace, patience, joy, kindness, goodness, gentleness and self control...

***
 
and, turn to different section...   already mentioned, I skim past dozens of CH'S on any given day..  but for the most part, I am highly aware of what my thoughts are..    why I have the thoughts I do, when to disregard certain thoughts, and proactively select new ones..

but every once in a while, I will have a thought..  and be at such a loss for why or where a given thought came from..

my most recent example...

how it popped in my mind?  what triggered...    

but, I was thinking about the donner party...   the stories of cannibalism...   and what brought that to mind I can't be sure,

but, it was followed by a series of pictures of starving people all around the world... you've seen them too...   on commericals, documentaries, church shows...      bringing food to starving people..

and they will talk about how very, very, little they have to eat, if even one meal a day...   and very high mortality rates...

and, yet...

never mention of cannibalism?

****

and then I carried on with the rest of my day....

in Jesus loves the little children..   ALL the children of the world's  name..  amen!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home