Thursday, August 24, 2017

Cerebral Hyperlinks to St.. Stu... Stut.. stut-t--t-er-er-er-ing & brain glitches.. for (me!) sandra, tvgp

I consider it a great privilege, working side-by-side high-school age young adults, and helping them navigate, what is for some of them, their first real job.

my first real job..   I was 15, so I have to work at remembering how young I was, how awkward it all felt, how new everything was, but I do remember..

and, as ive had several jobs post divorce 11+ years ago, as an adult,  and have started new several times...  at a variety of places, some of the awkward/anxious/nervous feelings are more fresh and easy to access than I would choose..

but I especially remember how awful/awkward answering phones for the first time, professionally, at a place of business, vs casually from home..

one of our newer employees confessed it was over a month before she answered the phone..

and another one confessed being concerned about stuttering...   "oh, I know all about stuttering.." I said with a smile,

"what does it feel like?"  she asked (me!),

     "it feels like, your brain knows what it wants to communicate, but your mouth won't cooperate."

anyway,

  we are now all engaged in conversations about.. and I could not,  -not, open these cerebral hyperlinks in conversation:


     "sit on your hands."    -origins/first memory... or at least, didn't help matters

itz itz:
how I named my art



****

In J..   Je...     Je-sus, sus, sus'  name..     amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home