Sunday, September 25, 2016

WHY NOT?! asks a very frustrated (me!) sandra, tvgp

We do not consider work that has appeared elsewhere (this includes websites and personal blogs).



***

- I have a lot to say on this topic..   this hideous obstacle writer/bloggers encounter; but I also have a long work week ahead which takes priority



but!   here is one thought:   not  -not publishing things being submitted into the abyss of any editor/publishers email or desk...   waiting

waiting


waiting


months..    and if you really honored the rules regarding not submitting to more than one editor at a time..     and waited months for each editor to respond.

but I would consider agreeing to this   -as a blogger of 11 plus years, and over 4000 posts, and near 110000 views


no chance I'm not going to blog this and that, that and this, in hopes maybe, one day, it stands a chance of being published on a larger scale; reaching a larger audience..

but, I would consider, clicking unpublish on my blog AFTER a given piece was accepted and published by ................     

that I would consider.

it would look something like this:




THIS POEM WAS UNPUBLISHED HERE
     ".... BECAUSE IT IS BEING PUBLISHED IN NEW YORKER MAGAZINE!!"

don't miss the (date variable here) issue...






but as it stands now; I cannot even imagine my writings, photography, poetry, commentary, profiles, CNF short stories, ETC.     -not existing

or existing, but inaccessible; unreadable; unseeable

while months, years, pass during the waiting game..

I think not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home