Thursday, March 10, 2016

...when it comes from the heart... as read by (me!) sandra, tvgp

safe to say, i would be considered the writer in the family; but i am certainly not the only one.. 
i think i just do it the most often..

but i have taught workshops, given presentations, lead seminars, etc., and in addition to my own writing, i have read countless poems, essays, stories, letters, etc. written by others, and offered my opinion on how a given piece of writing could be improved.

very recently, my sister asked me to read the rough draft of her testimony, which she will be sharing soon at our church, Graceway, in Pleasanton

it was handwritten on lined binder paper

and i could see, without even needing to read it word for word, but just from first glance:

that what she wanted to say had poured out naturally, and freely, and beautifully

directly on the page...   after page...    without any scratch this, move that, scribble through this, arrow shift that..

and when i did read it word for word...    it read exactly as beautiful as it appeared.  my professional opinion as a writer:   wow!  don't change a thing.

and that has been my consistent experience as a writer, and as a teacher, and as an editor:

when it comes directly from the heart,  -your only requirement is to honor the words as they come...

it always shows; i can read it, see it, feel it immediately

whether the words come from the heart; and whether those words were honored  -or questioned

doubt reveals itself in sentence structure; in the order; arrangement; in vocabulary choices...    it is revealed through interruptions in what would otherwise flow..

and as i read my sisters handwritten testimony

-there was no doubt

and i am left with no doubt, her testimony is a beautiful, powerful, one-of-a-kind, original and moving sharing that will contribute to her personal growth and healing; touch many lives and succeed in achieving God's purpose as written in the Bible in Isaiah 55 10:11


As the rain and the snow come down from heaven,

and do not return to it without watering the earth

and making it bud and flourish,

so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

so is my Word that goes out from my mouth:

It will not return to me empty,

but WILL accomplish what I desire

and ACHIEVE THE PURPOSE for which I sent it.



In Jesus flourishing name,   ~amen! sister!   i love you!  i'm proud of you!


























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home