Thursday, February 18, 2016

God: more evidence write here. from (me!) sandra, tvgp

Upshot:

Q:    -has keith asked me out on a date yet?
A:  -big fat NO.

Q:  -does keith send flirty texts?
A:    "...   i believe in miracles... since you came along..  you texty thing, you texty thing you..".    So, short, unsung answer:  yes.

Do I know WHY keith has not asked me out?  -nope; haven't asked and more importantly...  crucial in fact:  I have somehow avoided projecting imaginary reasons or guesses..    i just enjoy the flirty exchanges and carry on

K

but I did have one very minor set back. 

Now we know, from prior posts that there is just something about this particular man that makes me want to just drive write over to his house and take off all my clothes on the way...

I think this is probably because 25 years ago, the last time I saw him in person, I had done just that, and I am merely a creature of habit and routine..

as we all are to a certain degree.   But! I have also already made a pact with God..  and promised to change my behavior, and I want the whole wide world to know

That not under ANY circumstance outside of keith asking me out and coming over and knocking on the door and meeting my family and taking me OUT in PUBLIC,  -am I going to make physical contact.   These are the new rules.   Period.  

I need to add in here though, that I am dying to know if I can still remember where he lives on my own.  I think even though I was born without a GPS system in my brain for navigating around.. that somehow, if I could near...  

well, once I got to a certain street..  something! Would be familiar and then suddenly I would remember and then

Next thing you know I'd be ...    A creature of habit.

So, I was thinking:  if he ever does take me on a real date.  I'm going to have him bring me back home and drop me off.

And then I'm going try and get to his place without following him and without being provided any directions.

And this is where I get to the part which serves as evidence that there is a God, a merciful and loving God, an understanding God..a patient God.. 

K

join me in the shower:

(me!):  God..  I'm keeping my pact; my promise!  I won't let you down!  I'm very strong! I can do all things through Christ..."

God:

(me!):   "I'm just so damn curious..   sorry; darn.  darn.. I'm just so very, very, curious if I can get to his house ...  If I can remember on my own without any help...    You understand don't you..

God:

(me!):   what my promise was...  when I made my pact..  My promise IS! that I will not SEE him unless he asks me out and comes and picks me up...  write.  But, like.. Maybe he never will..

and then I would never know if I can still find his house on my own..

God:

(me!):   -I think what I should do..  Well, if I pick a day and time when I know for sure he would be at work...

[ this is when the shower head blew off, hit me in the head and a powerful stream of water peeled skin off my face.  I fixed it and carried on

started shaving and cut my leg.]

***

after I was all cleaned up. (cut and bruised) from my shower I looked at the clock and decided any normal human being would be at work..

and this might be a good safe time to satisfy my overwhelming curiosity about whether or not I can  find Keith's house without breaking my pact and/or promise to God...

So

I hopped in my jeep blue see..     fully dressed.  with every intention of staying that way...

and I headed...     What direction is that?  North? South?  East? West?    No idea..   but I headed toward the city where he lives

"Livermore!".   That way!   

and not for any other reason than the fact that I had over dressed and it was like 69 degrees out and I have no functioning temperature control in my jeep

did I remove my jacket.  

and in that very moment...   my jeep started to slow down and sputter...

I was like,  " My God..  its just my jacket!  I was hot kinda..  I'm not taking off all my clothes..  Promise!"

but I did in fact,   -run out of gas on Stanley blvd.

had to flirt my way through stopping a passerby to go the gas station and help me out..    /he was kinda cute..

and ended up surrendering to God "AGAIN!".  and thanking him for his help, his mercy, his understanding..

-we cannot always succeed on our own you see..   despite our greatest intentions.   and sometimes we break hearts and we break promises

but God is in the business of healing broken hearts and keeping promises.  So..

If you have ever ran out of gas on your way to breaking a promise

say it with me,   " thank you Jesus and amen!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home