Sunday, July 26, 2015

1 Corinthians 10:13 translated by (me!) sandra, tvgp

every morning i click on two apps:  1. dictionary.com to find out the word of the day; most of which I will never actually use in my conversations or writings, -its just fun.  And 2. The bible app for my passage of the day.    -& when I shared it with my sister this morning, we were both like..   ?...     what does that mean in plain English please.   So I'm going to attempt a bullet point translation as I understand it.    

First!  as it appeared:

1 Corinthians 10:13

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

***

so,

*  there are no temptations that are not common to everyone.  I.e.,  greed, revenge, lust,  etc.    /I believe the list is short and finite.

* God will not allow you to be tempted beyond your ability to overcome.  -and I believe we become stronger each time we recognize a temptation for what it is..  and fight the good fight..    

* there is an exit strategy.   and I believe exiting IS the strategy in many cases.  that is why we are taught to -flee!- away from temptation

vs.  hang out near or with or around and just hope we don't succumb.

-having failed on many occasions before I learned to succeed; I hath a deep appreciation for thy passage.. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home