Thursday, April 02, 2015

and the attacks begin.. for (me!) sandra, tvgp

I've made no secret of my lack of enthusiasm for public speaking.  /see effort to employ counterterrorism by way of euphemism.

I am currently employing the technique and exercise of stopping any negative thoughts in their tracks and overriding them with this:

I am calm. I am comfortable.  -and it is true that I'm thinking a lot about ray orrock.. like he's trying to remind me to just have fun..

Fun ?!

anyway.. our newest team member at the store mentioned "-so, your event is next week"

I said, "I am calm. I am comfortable.".  -like a robot.

-her understanding and compassion seemed immediate; and I know her Intent was to comfort me..

" this is what you do.." she said, in a kind and reassuring voice.

but you know what... This is NOT what I do.  "Its NOT! its NOT! Its NOT!"

what I do is WRITE. and make ART.  <-------THAT is what I do.

what I am meant to do.  

in Jesus name,  -amen.

***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home