Sunday, October 26, 2014

Another imaginary conversation by (me!) Sandra, tvgp

Good thing, -imagination, yes..  How else could I talk to Helene hanff this morning..

I positively ache with the desire to underline and highlight.. To write in the margins of this book! People of the book..

But it is from the library.

  -I have a thing I wrote somewhere in this blog of mine..

About how,  

Reading a book without a pen is like taking a vacation without a camera.

"..and it is one of many things that endeared me to you Helene..

How...  How much you enjoyed used books exactly for that reason.. To see where/what someone else had written..

-that the writing, the highlights.. They weren't considered -damage- to the book..

It added..  

(We are having lunch together..  Peppered salame sandwiches)

I think there should be a section like that at the library..    I already know every counter argument and so won't hold my breath, but..

My God! I just want to take a highlighter out and have my way with this paragraph!

[She takes the book..   Reads with a smile.   Picks up a highlighter and without any hesitation goes over the exact sentences I would highlight if I owned the book and then hands it back to me and takes a bite of her peppered salame sandwich]

"Thank you" I say with a smile of my own, "I accept"

 

1 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger SHE said...

"... Helene.. Look at this.. Page 89.. How beautifully this was accomplished, I can hardly stand it...

Write that along the side for me.. B.e.a.u.t.I FULL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home