Thursday, June 26, 2014

Which reminds (me!) Sandra, tvgp

4 or 5 businesses on main street in downtown pleasanton have been burglarized in the past couple days.   Apparently, this kind of thing is almost expected when the Alameda county fair comes to town.   The fair itself, is wonderful.  We have too many good memories locked in there to even count.  But it does attract people from both near and far..  And unfortunately..  Not the most upstanding citizens..

So, that said..  One of the businesses that had their entire front glass door smashed in and all their product stolen, was a speciality sun glasses shop just two doors down from ricks picks.

Very upsetting.

But the owner came by..  "Just wanted to let you know we were broken into...".  And we all talked for a bit..  And later the police came by..   And everyone knows to be extra cautious.

Which of course! Reminds me of my Tri valley haven candlelight march story..

And that can be found by typing "two places" in the search bar here in my blog,

This story was also selected for publication in the book, The Social Cause diet

But I'm going to give a bullet point edited version write here:

In the story .. True story..  I am trying to explain to my then 11 year old daughter, the definition of sexual assault   -before she joins me in the Tri valley havens annual candlelight march which helps bring awareness..

And I tried to explain (as a 3 time kidnap/rape survivor) how strange it was..

How I couldn't get it to make any sense..

How, if a criminal broke into your car..

Or broke into your home..

Or a criminal broke into your business..

You could and would go freely tell your neighbors..  And everyone (as just demonstrated) would be compassionate and concerned and more cautious..

But!

If a criminal broke into your body...

-all the rules changed-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home