Tuesday, April 29, 2014

THE BIG LIE as seen by (me!) Sandra, tvgp..

She was way too young to have understood, or studied things like politics; economics..

I'm very confident she was only repeating what she heard someone else say

But she proclaimed it as if it was a fact she researched and discovered all on her own..

And said it as if it were a truth:

"The democrats.. They wanna just keep giving money to lazy people who don't work..    Republicans -we believe you should have to work for your money"

And I smiled and wondered how much of my time and energy I was willing to invest in this conversation..

And I thought about how many people I know who have bought into this great big lie..

But mostly what went through my mind was all the people..  Many many people, who I have personally met, worked with, and got to know over the past several decades

Who are some of the hardest working people I know.. With strong work ethics and high levels of integrity

Who are working at a minmum 40 - to - 60, but more often than not, up to 80 hours a week

Who sometimes juggle two or three jobs..

And STILL have a hard time putting food on the table..

This is not due to grand mismanagement of money.. Or drug or gambling addictions..

It is because of a grand canyon size gap between what wages can be earned vs. what it actually cost to live.

This creates an awesome opportunity for a revolutionary type problem solver to evolve as a hero..

I could go on...  But will stop here.   And pray...    In Jesus name..

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home