Tuesday, October 29, 2013

INDEPENDENT BIBLE STUDY by (me!) Sandra, tvgp

I have certainly come to believe 1 John, 3:20 "-..if our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything." And let me bounce around a little... Thinking on these things: the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you... Up/over: everything in the world, the cravings of sinful people, the lust of their eyes and their boasting about what they have and do, comes not from the Father, but from the world." ..be in this world, but not of this world...be in this world, but not of this world... AND I have before me a journal. On the cover it says, "follow your heart, it knows the way". -that sentiment is frequently seen/found on cards, stationery, cute little home decor plaques... But I think it is wise not to dismiss it as an encouraging, sweet little saying, but to regard it seriously, and take it literally. We do have spiritual hearts in addition to our physical ones.. And our hearts do -know- I'm continually fascinated by that... When I have that internal experience, 'I -know- I belong here..' or the reverse..'I -know- I don't belong here'. 'I -know- I like this, and don't like that..'. Or, 'I -know- I'm headed in the write direction vs. I -know- when I'm heading off course..' and, of course, 'I -know- when I know, and -know- when I don't know... I've mentioned this several times within my blog here haven't I... My favorite question:" how do we know, we know?" And it sure seems to me.. The heart knows. Then of course.. HOW does the heart know what it knows.. How? How? How?.. Let us circle back to the beginning of this post: God is greater than our hearts, and he -knows- everything. AND.. It is in several different places in the bible: How God's laws are written in our hearts and minds.. -and it sure does seem to me.. We all have this -knowing- in us.. Very separate from the knowledge we are taught/learn/study from family, culture, school, life experiences... But wow! Access to this heart knowledge is no picnic is it.. Lots of interference from fear, desire, uncertainties, peer/family/cultural pressures, flesh vs. Spirit, etc. In Jesus name, amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home