Saturday, January 19, 2013

I WOKE UP WITH MACKLEMORE...(me!) Sandra, tvgp

In my head, that is. "...make the money, don't let the money make you. Change the game, don't let the game change you.." mixed in with..."I can't change... Even if I tried.. Even if I wanted to" mixed in with, "...take me far away..." mixed in with.."I'm gonna pop some tags.. Got $20 in my pocket..." mixed in with.."ten thousand hours..." mixed in with "I'd rather be a starving artist than succeed at getting -clucked..". And my daughter, yesterday, she said, "I was telling my friend how my mom is getting into rap music now.. And she said her mom is too... I told her how you like MACKLEMORE and she said that's the CD her mom has in her car write now too!". And I knew I was listening to something special when my Kelly and brooke first played "...my love, my love, my love...she keeps me warm.... Not cryin' on Sunday's..." and how i said out loud... Excuse me? Did he just reference malcolm gladwell?...but! I told my daughter... This is a remarkable crossover! Not like an artist who crosses over from country to rock or pop... But a rap artist! crossing over from child to parent.. And not the parent playing old songs and having the child -appreciate (tolerate) or vice versa, but current music... Which is reaching in... Not just reaching in... Breaking in! Breaking through... And not just in and out for a quick courtesy visit..but taking up residence -real estate in my heart and mind... And now here is a trick and test...test of, not of time.. But of...well, there is a chance that if word gets out how much us parents like MACKLEMORE that the teens will become less interested, write... Not because the heist isn't phenomenal, because it is.. But because they want to own their own music independent from mom or dad... But from my driver seat in the writeousmom-mobile write now, what we have is a musical miracle... Rap music for the whole family... Okay, well.. I have to re-write some of the lyrics before everyone can rap-along.. But with just a few minor edits... Like "clucking awesome," and "stiiiiitch," and "mother clucker," and big "clock". -this would be great in the next school talent show! I'm gonna have to send a copy of this cd to fungus...rap music's greatest critic... See if they damage any bricks in his wall.. In the meantime.. I can't get in and drive without pushing #3... "this is my favorite song! Play it again!". "... I'm in this big -bass- coat.. From the thrift shop down the road..."

1 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger SHE said...

Oh, I would have lost big money on that bet! I've been listening to the heist.. And now days later my daughter asked me if I knew MACKLEMORE was white..

"NOOOoooo! I can't believe it..."

Very surprised. Not only did i think I was listening to a black artist... But in one of my favorite songs.. When he says, "...no one will give you a better offer than us..."

He sounds so much like my black friends sound when they are jokingly imitating white people..

It is the strangest thing.. A white artist, who sounds like a black artist, imitating a white businessman..

Well, no matter in the big picture

This is an awesome cd! Songs with narratives! Not just a repeated chorus to an electronic beat..

And not just a changing narrative to the same beat..

But variety and evolution in both...

Plus! A humanitarian narrative...

Kinda-ish,

Could I get away with saying,

"plus! A mother-cluckin' humanitarian narrative!"

Not really; that's why I say kinda-ish.

"to the heist!". Thank you for expanding my mind...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home