Thursday, March 10, 2022

Why I drink my coffee black (me!) ~writeousmom



my children have given me so many sweet memories, i have no need to put any sugar in my coffee.

and i shared a recent Jack favorite, so let me share ONE of my favorite taryn memories.

    -and what a pleasure it was to share it with her, and her two friends, when we had them over for dinner recently..  and that's a whole fun story, but let me stay on track here:

perhaps her age changes when i retell the story throughout the years, but let's say taryn was around 5..

and she had a children's computer game that she was playing in her dad's office  -and i would glance over her shoulder now and then at the monitor, and she shared with me that she was getting to create her own restaurant

and i think i remember seeing the placement of a table, red/white checkered table cloth, some chairs..

and i remember glancing and seeing a blank menu she was going to fill..

and i could see she was being creative, learning, and having fun...

but on my next check on how she was doing, she had her head down, was groaning slightly, and obviously very upset and frustrated

 i said, "honey what happened?"

and with the most frustrated expression and broken hearted voice she looked write at me, 

"i had to fire someone."

                        -many of these memories i remember now on purpose if i'm looking to make myself laugh, giggle or smile.


   -they are my double-blessings, taryn and jack..   as promised in the book of Isaiah, which is my personal favorite of the old testament.

"Thank You Jesus!"   -amen.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home