Wednesday, May 26, 2021

New! Lancome Supermodels... us! (me! my girl! my mom!)



 


so, i  was watching;
re-watching rather, this interview..

and i thought..

you know what the world really needs..

generational real people models

that is; when i go to purchase my lancome products

"Magic Of Macys"

write now i see, one famous celebrity model, representing one age/generation
 plastered all over the place

i understand about the dream..  i do.

but, during my most recent purchase..

there were young pre teen girls, young adult women, moms, grandmas, great grandmas
all shopping

and how wonderful if instead of selling one dream to every age group

"they sell different dreams to different age groups!"

/am i hired yet?

and in my imagination i projected on to the glossy, backlit images all around the lancome counter, 

a pre-teen, teen, young adult, mom, grandma, great-grandma..

we see each looking their very best for the season they are in...

we see them; together!

yes.. i still have my dreams

but! wow to Isabella Rossellini.. for a long list of reasons, but skip to:

 "thank you!" Francoise Lehmann for rehiring Isabella and "thank you!" both very much for removing "anti-aging" vocabulary

we need to appreciate, value, each season.

today you are one day older than you were yesterday

and that's pretty much how it goes for your entire life

whether short or long.

****

and, i thank here my dad, for my initial, very long, very loyal relationship
with lancome products.   -he concluded his career as a woman's shoe buyer for Macys
and made friends with the women behind the lancome counters
-and revisited them, each time he was reinvited to be the Santa at Christmas for Macys


so, we were gifted lancome products by my dad
and even when my budget did not necessarily support purchasing these products..

and ever since..





also, fun facts.. to my own memory.. Macys was my first credit card
and i've had more success there, with shoes, dresses, clothes in general
gifts for others.. etc.     -and! my mom has so often over the years treated my sister and i, my daughter..
that's why i extra love that MOM part of their slogan

Magic Of Macys


In Jesus Beautiful Name, amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home