Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Pillow Talk -between (sexy! & tops!)


 and so, we get our coffee, and snuggle back in bed, turn on our recordings of Joyce Meyer, but, i mean to tell you, 

   -one word trigger,  and we hit 'pause', and next thing you know we are talking about everything from what to get at the grocery store, to Easter Dinner planning, to local politics, to...

"amazon!"

And my sexy, and many others..   many others!  they are all upset over the size, scope.. the monopoly Amazon seems to be as corporation..   the billionare.. gazillionaire Jeff Bezos has become...  on and on, etc., etc., 

but i'm always like, "the same vision keeps popping in my head sexy.. the same vision.. and, what i see, is people

   -and it was not too long ago!    no that long ago..      people on covered wagons, working so hard for survival, no air-conditioning/heating, local 24/7 grocery stores,  -the struggle, the daily struggle to take care of themselves and their children..    this whole vision of real hard times, 

and then i fast forward, and as if one of them, from back then, is hovering over our shoulders, 

watching us, in all our glory and comfort...  sit down all comfortable at 'a computer!'   and go to Amazon.com

'type in!' virtually anything we want, from a mattress to a soda-making machine; press a couple buttons, 

and with 'free shipping!'   -next thing you know, someone is 'delivering to our door!' the very item all we had to do was press a few buttons to get..

and, the person over our shoulder; the memory of that person.. they are like, 

"i'm sorry, are you still finding things to complain about!?!"

****

and, i keep marveling at Amazon's success...   and, truth be told, i can't comprehend it all.. the size, the scope, the number of people it takes..

all i know, is their track record with us, is like, 100%

that is; 100% of the time we order something, that something shows up, on time, and is exactly what we ordered.

all by itself, that is AMAZING!    and it is a better track record than any other place I've ordered online.

   -when I consider what that takes..  and how many people are ordering, and how many different products..

having only my home-based business experience, and the variety of retail jobs I've held over the years

    -that is no small feat!    that is, in fact.. AMAZING!

color me grateful 

***

but, what happens..   what seems to happen, is that we want what we want..   we want it correct, on time, etc.

but..

we don't just want one company to do a stellar job?    -because,   -they take away from mom n' pops being able to do a stellar, -or average, job..

  -that's what i'm hearing..  my understanding of what i'm hearing.   All this upset over Amazon becoming a monopoly   -Bezos being a gazillionaire

and, because they have succeeded; are succeeding   -they can afford to pay their employees a higher minimum..

which further shuts down the small businesses who can't compete...

and we do want our small businesses to succeed to...

   /and i will spare myself, the minimum wage soap box..

but anyway, here is some GREAT NEWS!    -because, there we were, chit-chatting while Joyce Meyer was on pause, 

and, talkin' 'bout Amazon..  and my sexy reminds me, how Amazon actually started out as an online book store!    -and we trying to figure out when/where/how...

and so he looks up on his phone, and the computer voice reads to us, 

".....    the first book sold on Amazon.com was Douglas Hofstadter's Fluid Concepts and Creative Analogies..."

and

oh my gosh!   CH!   Cerebral Hyperlink...    !!

and said with a smile to my sexy, i said, "I have an autographed copy of one of Hofstadter's books!"

and that's pretty cool all by itself, but 

THE REALLY COOL PART!

    -the really cool part, is that I could go directly to where my books are, and go write to it!   Pull it out, and go show my sexy   "See!"

and, it flashes in my mind, how many times I've said to my children, 

   -one day, I'm going to know where everything is...     /of my stuff...  my own stuff.

and, then I had to say "Thank You!" again, 

because the only reason I could go write to my autographed copy of Hofstadter's book, is because

   * my books are no longer in storage

   *  I have personally arranged my books

and being able to do that..   

WOW!

****

and i will close here, with one of my favorite customer quotes while i was working at alden lane nursery,  paraphrase

wife to husband:   "Don't we already have one of those at home?"

husband to wife:   "Just because we have one, doesn't mean we'll be able to find it"

***

hallelujah & amen

     







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home