Wednesday, November 13, 2019

"Thank You!" Gary Sinise from (me!) sandra, tvgp


and i'll be watching a war movie..

simultaneously i'm trying not to say the same thing  -again; out loud

primarily because I've already said it so many times

there is no reason  -really-  to repeat it; everyone around me already knows

but damn it, if it doesn't slip out anyway

like, every time, I end up saying the exact same thing:

"how wonderful it must be to get paid just to pretend"

***

when I consider the very real service men and women

the very real danger

the very real pain and suffering

the very real loss..

and how much they get paid

****

and then I consider actors...

***

and how much they get paid to just pretend that they are facing danger

pretend they are in pain

pretend they have PTSD

***

and how I then envision them collecting their paychecks, 

treating their friends/family to dinner and drinks

perfectly healthy, safe, and good

celebrating at awards shows just how good they are at pretending..

***

well, sometimes it blocks my ability to watch the movie properly

***

and I think to myself   -unless these producers/directors/actors of war movies

well, unless they are giving a percentage of the income earned back to the 
actual

very real veterans

***

that's like a form of rape.

***

same, when you have movies about rape victims

-someone getting paid just to pretend...

wow.

***

same with movies about domestic abuse

***

I could go on, but the point has already been made:


anyone who profits from sharing the stories of real people who suffer

***

unless you are giving a % back to real life sufferers..

unless you are giving back..

***

that is just disgusting.


***

and so, I am always very grateful, very happy, very pleased

when I see what saw on CBS Sunday Morning with Gary Sinise

and with

Michael Conner Humphrey's

"Thank You!"


In Jesus name,   ~amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home