Tuesday, July 31, 2018

The Attraction was purely physical -for (me!) sandra, tvgp



that is my confession  -the attraction was purely physical.  pulled, with magnetic force toward those leaves..   then I had to touch and stare..  

it was only after the physical attraction that I desired to learn more

and the more I learn about this tree; the more I want to learn more about this tree!

***

* I am not alone in being awed by it.   it is already regarded as one of the most distinct and beautiful of all deciduous trees    -I will not go on here, about how human beings of all walks of life share in common certain criteria/recognition of the beautiful.   nor will I go on here, about how beauty in nature, vs. beauty of humans   -well, only to say, one is culturally influenced and one is spiritually influenced..      /force myself to STOP


* THIS TREE IS A LIVING FOSSIL.  THE OLDEST TREE ON EARTH!  a link to the dinosaurs  -earliest leaf fossils dating (depending which website you visit)  250, to 270 MILLION YEARS AGO!     /and my second confession, is that I can write that number, and I can read it, and I can say it out loud..   but I do not  -comprehend- it properly.  I just know it =s a very long, long, long, time ago

*  it is a real survivor!  apparently resistant to a long variety of potential diseases other trees fall prey to

*  it is the opposite of 'high maintenance'   -thriving with little fuss..   in nature, in cities..

* prefers  -but does not demand:  full sun/partial shade

* transplants easily and establishes without difficulty

* can live as long as 3,000! years    

*   -rediscovered in 1691 in China and brought to USA in late 1700's.

*  seeds/leaves are still USED IN MEDICINE throughout the world   /and, it can be a bit overwhelming researching that further..       a ton of sites with conflicting information..  seems once one person claims medicinal benefits of any kind; everyone claims medicinal benefits of every kind.

*  both female/male, but with no living relatives    -and the preference for planting/owning is males, because apparently the females have some blooms/nuts with unpleasant odor      -the ones ive seen must be male, because I noticed no odor/aroma at all, of any kind

and what an intuitive contrast, because with its leaves being so pretty, you would imagine a lovely perfume aroma if there is anything at all..


* it is, from what ive read  -popular with Buddhists, monks..

and there is so much more to read and learn and sort through..

but I have it in my mind, that I would like a bonsai of this very pretty, very intriguing...

IJNA


***





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home