Thursday, April 12, 2018

Tuesday. by (me!) sandra, tvgp

note:  experiencing technical difficulties uploading pictures from my phone.   we move then, to text without my fun photos:

***

I am not, by nature or habit, the type that changes clothes 12 times before I decide what i'm going to wear for the day   -when it comes to work.   a different story, perhaps, when i'm going out somewhere with my sexy..  but for work

what's clean?   grab a pair of jeans..  find clean socks..   a warm top..   the alden lane denim shirt covers almost everything anyway.. plus i'll need a jacket..   and so,  -this/that, and off I go..

but Tuesday, I tossed on the closest pair of clean jeans I could grab, a top, etc...   and then I received..  what can only be described as a  -prompting.        I was prompted to change which pants I was going to wear for the day..

prompted to take off the jeans I had on, and instead, put on my black textured pants..     there is no explanation for why I would need to do this..    nor, was there any valid reason for me to ignore the prompting, so I just honored it.    off with the jeans/on with the black textured pants..  no big deal.

-when I went to place chapstick in my back pocket, I discovered, to my Pleasanton surprise, there  was some money in there, I had obviously forgotten about..    so I pulled it out, and counted it

a $5, and a few $1's..

I had two errands to run that same day  -the cleaners, to pick up some clothes I had altered, and a package to send in the mail

you do not even have to guess, that the amount of money in the pocket, was the EXACT amount I needed to cover the cost of the cleaners and mail.

so..   I just smile toward the heavens, because you can only experience these things, and -know..

***

and on this day, I i-spied my lucky number on a license plate during my drive, and I re-i-spied the heart, I do every time I drive 580..    and just smile..      smile, with quick little telepathic winks write back to heaven...

and then there was another...   prompting; an instant awareness...   "Yes!"

   -because, only very occasionally I have  -extra-  time to get to work..   a little wiggle room, which will allow me say, 5 minutes, to pop into my favorite donut shop in Pleasanton, and get my "maple bar with the most icing"

and the big "YES" I was experiencing was two-fold..     yes, I had enough time to stop in, without being late for work, and!   "YES!" again, because

I am wearing my alden lane shirt with MY NAME TAG!    

and I just knew... KNEW!  especially after the pants prompt..   the lucky number on my license plate.. the heart seen on the side of the hill..

this is the day the Lord has made...   for me to be "Sandra" at the donut shop...     of course!  all the planets are aligning, as the saying goes..

  -because, for how many visits now, over how many years..     have I been greeted, by the very kind and gracious...  /owner?   I think he is the owner..      /and, confession here that I don't know HIS name..

but, for how many visits?    "Hi Lisa...   "    -and he will ask if I want my maple bar, or, if i'm getting a box to share...

and,  why, I cannot explain..    but, I've just never been able to find whatever it is you need to find within yourself to correct someone when they get your name wrong

I have never, not once, said..   "oh my name is Sandra, ..."      it is the silliest thing to me..   how simple would it be..

but anyway, I just usually say thank you, wish them all a blessed day, and carry on..

but TODAY!   -obviously God has pre-set the whole thing up, so that, without   -saying it, without having to verbalize it...

now, the owner (?)    -whose name I do not know..

he will know my correct name, because i'm going to walk in with my alden lane shirt and NAME TAG

and I adjusted it so it was very visible and pronounced on my shirt,  as I was driving toward the donut shop...

and when I pulled into the parking lot..    the owner(?)... (name?)  he was walking IN THE PARKING LOT

   -AWAY! from the donut shop..

going where?   for what?   I have no idea...  but,

this is the ONE & ONLY TIME, ive ever not seen him behind the counter inside the donut shop

and the ONE & ONLY TIME..  I was prepared with my name tag:   SANDRA

and in these moments..

I end up doing the exact same thing as the other prompted moments

I just glance up at heaven and smile and wink back.

laugh my amen..    thoroughly enjoy my donut...   and carry on.

In Jesus,  directs my every steps, and I do know HIS name...     hallelujah, - amen.

***   CH =  names;  Sinking Heart  ***   Tuesday = self portrait poem

1 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger SANDRA HARRISON KAY said...

so, let's call this: WEDNESDAY. -because, like the very next day, i'm in the employee break room, and go, "So, how are you doing Colby?"

"My name is Cory not Colby.. and I'm doing okay." -and I apologized, we did just recently hire a Colby, in my defense.. and we talked about his other part time work and an upcoming trip to Idaho he is going on..

but, I had to laugh.. like, how is it, that it was so easy for him? in under 2 seconds and write away.. "my name is Cory not Colby"

why is that difficult at all for me..

filed in unsolved mysteries...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home