Tuesday, April 26, 2016

On the topic of ~courage. by (me!) sandra, tvgp

when was it?  two weeks ago?  -three?   the exact time is of no relavence

what IS

is      /did that just trigger Clinton's voice?  my apologies.   -but that IS how our brains work..

anyway..   here is the conversation: 

person:    "..  you ...  have done something  with your hair..."

(me!):   ".. yes. !   i am welcoming my crown of splendor"

-euphemism for letting my hair go gray; orno longer covering my gray with fresh coats of paint by the professionals..

person:  "... that sure takes courage.. i will NEVER not cover mine.."

and then i just playfully quoted the bible..  "Its not for everyone though..  I just knew I'd be ready one day..  and knew I'd know it when I was.."

and small talk went on, changed subjects, eventually concluded.

it was not until I was on my way home.   and I re-thought about it..   -that I

Well, in my imagination I changed the conversation so that I said then, what didn't dawn on me until my drive home.

". -courage?   -has the standard for courage dropped to an all time low?   is it courageous to not cover or hide    gray hairs?!

Shouldn't the word courage be reserved for someone like Harriet Tubman?!

***

and that is both a true conversation; and a true imagined re-conversation.   in my post conversation thought, it was exactly Harriet Tubman's name that came to mind.  

and so i was both suspicious and delighted when this week I started (consciously) hearing about Harriet Tubman appearing soon on the American $20 bill. 

when I heard that, I was like:   as SHE should be people!  and should have been a long time ago..

a toast!   " to TRUE COURAGE!"

-HIDING INNOCENT PEOPLE from life threatening onesAnd risking your own life to do it!

/not for un-hiding the true color(s) of your hair.

In Jesus truly courageous name,  -amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home