Friday, February 19, 2016

I stopped telling people, -said my cousin (ron!)

my cousin ron:   "i stopped telling people mike trout lived at my uncles because they didn't believe me anyway..  just looked at me like I was a liar..   I just dont even mention it any more.."

***

and as he shared that, it hit me..  i did the exact same thing to keith.  -exact same thing!  -he said,   or rather in a longer text exchange he typed back that he knows buddy guy.   and my immediate response was:

stop it. You do not.

-because it was just too much for me to handle or process.  and he never said another word about it..  and nor have I..

but it is imprinted in my mind forever:  the Kennedy center honors; buddy guy; and beth hart singin' I'd rather go blind..

and the expression on buddy guys face as he is listening to beth hart sing this song like it never has, and never will, be sung again..

to date it holds the record for the performance I have rewatched the most amount of times..

***

so, now, let's say YOU were watchin' somethin' over and over and over..    like, star wars, for example...  

and then you mentioned it and someone said, like, I know George Lucas..  

Stop it.   You do not!

its a natural reaction I think...   especially if you don't live in any neighborhoods or run in any circles with people in these industries..

they feel far, far removed from real and everyday life somehow..

so, my apologies to you keith...  its probably true.   how well? and do you know beth hart too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home