Sunday, July 19, 2015

an excerpt from Six months on the fence, by (me!) sandra, tvgp

-the wild part .. is .. i just re-ran across this writing of mine from ten years ago.. on the same day my daughter was at Disneyland with friends celebrating Disneyland's 60th anniversary:

***

About the same time I open my Michael Gelb book I hear Taryn let out a great big sigh, "Mommy," she says, as she pulls the Walt Disney biography close to her chest in a dramatic sweep, "I know where it all got started."

"You know where what got started?" I ask her.

"Disneyland," she says with the authority of a college professor, "It all started when Walt was on the farm and put his sister's hat on one of the pigs.  The pigs name was Porky. That's how it all got started. I just know it! A pig wearing a hat! He was dressing up the animals on the farm when he was only 6 years old. That's what made his imagination take off."

I'm so pleased to see her excited and learning. "I never knew that," I say with mommy pride and interest, "That's a great story!"

"Wait til I tell Jack about that," she says, "How the brother stole his sisters hat, put it on a pig and that's how Walt Disney got his start."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home