Monday, June 08, 2015

"My Point Exactly..". Isaiah 53 as read by (me!) sandra, tvgp

i was alone when I was rereading Isaiah.. and read silently first:

"He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him. -nothing in his appearance that we should desire him"

***

Boy I sure I wish I had that passage memorized and up my sleeve when that documentary called the Bible debuted on TV.. and there was all that talk about "a hot Jesus"

-the colloquial meaning of hot = sexy, gorgeous, physically deemed socially attractive./vice & versa.

I was immediately resentful.   I kept imagining the Hollywood director saying things like,  "Jesus is hot.. But hey.. holy mother Mary..  shorten the skirt, lengthen your lashes.. Little more make-up,  -we need some sex appeal.."

but I felt when I vocalized my thoughts and imaginations that they were met with zero understanding.   One person said, "I've always been sure Jesus was hot..  I've always imagined him that way.."

and I kept insisting Jesus was KIND.  "KIND! HE IS KIND PEOPLE; NOT HOT..   I WANT MY KIND JESUS BACK!"

and I just couldnt even watch the documentary; it was just too Hollywood; pop culture for (me!).

so I'm thinking..  well I just can't help but imagine myself in the casting room..

and every time some gorgeous guy walks through the door I hold up the Bible and re-read the passage:

"He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him... Nothing in his appearance that we should desire him..

-next! ".  and I point toward the door marked exit.

***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home