Wednesday, January 07, 2015

In memory of Ray Orrock from (me!) Sandra, tvgp

if my books were still not in boxes I would look up the exact story and get the numbers write..  But without knowing the exact number what I can remember on my own, is that he has a precious, fun story about how his speedometer was just shy of hitting some magical number..   And so he piled his kids in the car and they drove around the block however many times they needed to so they could witness the change together..

Why is it so fun?  -I think it has to do with seeing something momentarily all the same which is otherwise not the same and perpetually changing..

In any case.. I was not logistically in a place to pick up my kids and bring them with me.. Although I certainly would have if I could have..

But I did exit the freeway and take the extra long way home so I'd be in a safe place to pull over and take a picture..

-makes me feel very lucky

That I knew ray orrock

That he too, knew how to make magic out of the mundane.

Blessings to you!   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home