Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Absence of pretense. By (me!) Sandra, tvgp

I was telling my daughter about a lovely couple who came into the store. They were visiting from Palo alto..  -  I'm going to skip large parts of our conversation to jump here:  back in conversation with my daughter

"I told them maybe you might end up at Stanford..  -and they both go there now..  And I'm mad at myself for not asking what they were studying..  But they seemed to really like Stanford..  And then mentioned 'a bit of pretense on campus.. But it could be overcome'

My daughter asked what that meant..  Pretense.

I explained it as a euphemism for snob..  Superiority complex..  -people who think they're better than..

And then we talked about a variety of other things.. But!  I've been thinking about that ever sense..

I'm always working behind the scenes figuring out what it means to be a fully evolved human being.   I have already concluded such a person would be a humanitarian..

But the other thing I am quite, very, certain about:

A fully evolved human being would not be pretentious. 

A fully evolved human being would not suffer from either inferior or superior complexes; relative to anyone else of any status or education or income.

A fully evolved human being recognizes each human being on the  planet has the same intrinsic value as.. A human being.  None of us created ourselves.. We were created with a unique combination of strengths and weaknesses and are born for and from love.

I know

That a fully evolved human being would be humble; not pretentious.

Most people know this intuitively

But I wonder...

Could it be proven in a court of law? Scientifically?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home