Thursday, September 25, 2014

The funniest word in the english language. To (me!) Sandra, tvgp

I hear it all the time in songs.. Frequently..  When I listen to KISS radio..  Old school..   Its in the lyrics of how many songs exactly? I don't know.. But a lot

I -almost-  NEVER hear it in everyday conversation..  Nor have I for many, many years..

And then on the occasion I do.. Something about it gives me a little giggle.. Who came up with this word?

My sister just used it..

I was telling her about how I have been wearing my wedges to dance in.. And I can do okay in those.. I can move around without tripping or falling.. But they slow me down a little..  

And she said, "but you can really boogie in your boots"

"That's write!" I said with a smile..   "I need my american poetry boogie boots.."

And now I'm pretty sure our children have never used that word..

But it is pretty easy to figure out what it means..

Or perhaps we can show you! Tonight!  -the last music under the stars of the 2014 season...

/rainy day; boogie nights

I feel another poem comin' on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home