Monday, March 03, 2014

"OH KNOW!" By (me!) Sandra, tvgp

Typed from my phone with two thumbs:  -k- it is time once again (apparently) to revisit my favorite question: "how do we know, we know?".  -where oh where is that -know- neuron?  Ask again: I have arrived at my car with a pair of sunglasses in my hand. I realize (suddenly know) that I accidentally/unconsciously carried them out of the store. I had no -intention- of stealing them, but I tried on several pairs, putting them each back.. I actually didn't like any of them. But my hands are used to holding something.. My old pair that recently broke. Apparently, without realizing (knowing) I did not put one pair of sunglasses back.. And continued shopping, in several different stores, for different things..  Not once realizing these sunglasses were still in my hand. I become aware, when I arrive at my car.. Go to put my sunglasses on..  Realize my sunglasses are broken.. So how could I? Then see, but I do have sunglasses.. Then see the price tag, and then suddenly realize.. Oh my goodness, I accidently/unconsciously walked out of the store with this pair...   In fact, the nature of my personality/moral code of ethics would prevent me from ever stealing them, or taking them -on purpose-  but let's say a security guard approaches me at my car and wants to arrest me for -stealing-    Now:  I KNOW I did not steal them..  Although technically speaking, I am holding an item I did not pay for...   Evidence is against me.  But again, i KNOW!  The TRUTH! -where is that KNOW neuron?  Connected to the TRuTH neuron?   nEXT:  where is the CONNECTED neuron? -what I mean is this:   actors make great case studies here:  you have emotional material to read.. During an initial 'dry read' the words are read but not felt by the actor (phase 1, let's say). But after the initial dry read, the actor gets the context, and next reads with the appropriate emotion. -emotions can be -acted out-  replicated, communicated, mimicked, demonstrated, etc. Without the actor actually personally -experiencing- them..  You can do this too:  if I say to you..  Yell like you're pissed off at someone who just cut you off in traffic and nearly caused an accident.  -you can do it..  And it can sound real..  Even feel real.. But not be real.   -let's say, later in the week, it actually happens.. You get cut off in traffic, and now you yell -for real-   THIS too..  This distinction between acting, pretending, imitating, replicating, demonstrating, vs. ACTUALLY Internally experiencing... Can only be - known - inside the person.  Not only does -the TRUTH- as an entity, exist inside us, but so does our ability to recognize it.. KNOWING that we  KNOW OUR PERSONAL TRUTHS..  Where for art thou is  this neuron dear brain initiative subcommittee?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home