Saturday, September 27, 2008

I'LL BE GOD, YOU BE SANDRA

sometimes my daughter, 2 1/2 years older than her little brother, will snap out orders to him like, "do your homework," or "no dessert 'til you eat your dinner." -and my standard reply is to say to her with a smile, "i'll be the mom, you be the sister."


and a few times this week i've found myself snapping out orders.. about how this city should operate and who should run the country


then i hear a little voice whisper in my ear, "i'll be God and you be sandra,"


helps me laugh and carry on.


5 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Blogger Lola Starr said...

I like. Too many times we try to be everything we aren't, things we can't. Nice post, sis! :)

 
At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute. So true. So sincere!

You are radiant, and surely a phenomenal mother.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger SHE said...

karma: thanks sis! what are those lyrics i love? from jason mraz..

oh yeah,

"what a lovely day for a slice of humble pie.."

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger SHE said...

mbh: write back to you! (pre-mom compliments, because i have no doubt,and every confidence)

but no rush, no rush..

stretch out the newlywed days..

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Lol....so after reading this a few days ago and not commenting, I have to come back... I found myself saying to Smokie, 'You be the dog and I'll be the human' and then last night to my girlfriend...'I'll be the vandal, you be the watchout' :) (Sidewalk chalk Only!!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home