Saturday, June 16, 2012

TARYN WINS NEW YORKER CARTOON CAPTION CONTEST AGAIN! according to (me!)






"How many times can you miss that big head of yours?!"

***

honestly.. it baffles me that taryn didn't make the short list on this one...


i took the next one though.. now that we know the rules (ONLY ONE CAPTION PER PERSON, PER CARTOON and that ONLY OVER 18 stuff...), we've decided to compete & vote. if we agree hers is funnier i submit under my name, and if i earn her praises, i submit my ONE caption

and i'm very proud of myself on this one, because i think i sound much more intelligent and knowledgable than i actually am

until only 4 or 5 days ago, i knew nothing of babylon. i mean nothing. -except that it's in the title of one of david gray's songs..

but in a recent conversation with my neighbor, when i shared with her my personal financial strategy:

"hit it big!"

she ran inside her house and brought me back a book off her shelf called: the richest man in babylon.

i read it in 1 day; soaking up as much financial wisdom as i could.

but where it really came in handy was with the issue of the new yorker that showed up in my mailbox, like, that day!

i went straight to the cartoon caption contest.. and i do not come write out with 'em like my daughter, i had to play around some with the order of the words, but check it out:

 




"once used, i'm told, for handwriting on the wall papers of babylon"


-not bad, huh

4 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger Lola Starr said...

Haha!!! I like it!! And I'm much impressed by your daughter too! :) Hope you've been well, sis. I'm making my way back.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger SHE said...

karma: thanks blog sis! -glad to hear you're on your way back..

-i'm always praying, cheering, and on your side

love & laughs ~s.

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

I love Taryn!!! What a great sense of humor! Like mother like daughter :-)
cindy

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger SHE said...

cfl: thank you x2! -think i learn more from her than the other way around

looking forward to seeing you soon!
love, ~s.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home